Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reasons to smile: PA edition

Hugs from people who love me a lot. Many hugs.

Making ice cream cake with my sister.

Peaches, cherries, blueberries, strawberries.

My mom's cooking...all of it. (Can you tell I've been eating quite a bit?)

Hearing, "I've been reading your stories, thinking of you, praying for you." Over and over.

Cheap books from Amazon to take back with me.
Free books from the library, hopefully not to take back with me.
Time for reading books.

Going on walks without sweating.

Phone conversations where nobody has to repeat themselves.

Numerous causes to be proud of my younger brothers.

Moss.

Hair that cooperates.

Uncrowded streets and peaceful roads.

The most beautiful barn I've ever seen.

Remember-whens.

Icy-cold waterfalls.

Being reminded how much of my goofiness I owe to my family.

Silence.

Cold nights and warm blankets.

My favorite old sweaters.

A park located on a lake, not a highway median.

Conversations with my family that don't involve the words, "Nope, the sound's gone now..."

My dog.

Blending in.

Stories to tell - and hear - of God's goodness and faithfulness.

1 comment:

Dana Ray said...

Love this! I'm so glad home and PA was good.