Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally here already

I arrived in Phnom Penh, Cambodia safely and as scheduled Saturday morning. It was a shock to be here so soon, and yet it felt like the culmination of six years of dreaming. I wish I were able to sit down with each of you and tell you my initial impressions. I certainly plan to include more descriptions on here soon (although Internet is always iffy here). But the 2-word description of Cambodia, as the elementary principal put it today, is "never boring." From my pink pink walls to the (American) family with 10 kids who hosted my roommate and me on Sunday to my futile attempt to mime a can opener to the sight of a 6' cubic pile of books today, life here has not yet contained a hint of boring, nor do I expect it to anytime soon. I'm excited for all that's in store!

No comments: